I’m sure you are all now familiar with Instagram Stories, if you aren’t – you need to work on updating your apps on your phone so you can be apart of this rather annoying trend.
I was never really a fan of SnapChat (add me @mylifepossible) to begin with because I feel like people try to have chats over photos as more of a long-term conversation. Which I know is the premise and hence the name snap “chat.” However, for me I can’t remember what was said, so it becomes really hard for me to keep up with the chat. In addition to that, I feel like it is oversharing my life – yeah, I just said that.
Anyways, here are 11 reasons I hate the new Instagram Stories.
- I hate notifications, and now I have even more to go through
- I can’t send “snaps” or moments to those I want to
- I can’t hide accounts that I don’t care to see their stories
- It’s just another way for people to over-share stupid posts and photos
- Instagram was always the place for edited photos, not real life
- You cant easily see people’s profiles from the story, sure there are swipe options for the story, but not for their profile
- It’s literally a copy of snapchat (add me, @mylifepossible) with less features
- It seems that usually the photos from the story end up as a photo in my newsfeed too.
- You can’t double tap to show love for a story, the foundation of Instagram – even though I’m still against the stories
- You can’t change the font color
- It’s just another thing to have to keep up with, distracting us from the world that’s falling apart
What do you think about the latest Instagram update?